Family Kitchen With Loads of Recipes

The Kitchen That Serves You Interesting Recipes

My Photo
Name:

* Wife to a wonderful, romantic, loving husband, ND. So very much in love with him.. * A loving but strict mother to 4 adorable, handsome and smart boys; Amirul,Azirul, Ashraf and Aaron. * A filial daughter to my parents. * A loving, caring and strict sister to my 3 siblings. Life is Great!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Today....

Aaron is 3 mths today. Brought him to KKH for his medical appointment this morning.

He is 7kg and 59cm tall. I don't know what is wrong with him. He was ok this morning but when we were at the clinic, he was so cranky. He was never like that. Maybe want to tell the whole world its his 3rd mth today..hehe

Anyway, doctor asked my about his milk intake. Well.... he is drinking like 220ml every 1hr or 1.5 hours. harrr kauuuu.. He opened his mouth big big arrr.... Seriously he drinks that much. Doc told me to reduce his milk intake. You tell me how? We've tried giving him pacifier after his 125ml feeds but he spit it out. He refused to suck. At times we forced him to suck his pacifier by holding the pacifier on his mouth. He would try to spit it and will 'pretend' to suck but spit it out again when we stop holding it. He will wait for me to give him his 2nd feeds. And when I said wait, he waited patiently. However hard we try to put him to sleep, he just won’t. Until we give him his milk then only will he sleep.

Doc said that by right, Aaron is considered 2.5mths (as he was a premature baby) and his milk intake should at most be 150ml every 3hrs and not 220ml. This of course I know. But there is nothing I can do to stop him from drinking that much. I told him that besides being worried by this over-feeding my baby, we also have to take into consideration the amount of milk cans we have to buy for him. He is on special milk and this milk is $14 for 400gm. He finished the whole tin every 2 days. And not only that, we have a hard time looking for this milk because only Pharmacies have it but most of the time….. out of stock!!!! Expensive is another thing, so difficult to find is another. But frankly, as long as he is drinking well and growing healthily, then I am not worried at all. Heheh….

Doc suggested that I start feeding him cereal at 3.5mths. This is to try reducing his milk intake. Hmm… I don’t understand this theory actually. Whatever it is, because cereal had thicker texture, I hope Aaron’s stomach would be able to take it.

On another note, I am currently working on a project which I will call Project N and it will be launched one week before Ramadhan. I would love to have all my Multiply friends to join me in this new venture of mine. Will keep you all updated on the progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home